deadmau5 live and direct > tonight in downtown Phoenix is going to be a party you definitely do not want to miss. He's easily become one of my favorite artists over the last few years mainly because he drops it hard in such a variety of styles and with such brilliance. He's been able to adjust to the ever changing electronic and dance genre while still being incredibly innovative.
This will be the 3rd time seeing a live deadmau5 set in a month. If you've been following me than you know he put it down in Chicago at Lollapalooza the first weekend in August then again in San Francisco for the Outside Lands music festival at Golden Gate Park. He was superb at Lolla for the 30 minutes I saw [I missed the first hour while at another stage for Foo Fighters] and he was absolutely incredible at Outside Lands [check out the video I took below]. I mean really incredible hence the no-brainer decision to get after it tonight instead of seeing my alma mater ASU Sun Devils kick off the football season across the street from my pad [btw GO DEVILS!].
Tickets for tonight's show are no longer available online but you can still call Ticketmaster [602.262.5485] or the Phoenix Convention Center [602.262.6225] to get tickets for pickup at will call.
Some other things to note for the party tonight:
- Doors open at 6pm and the party starts at 7pm [I'm taking the lightrail up at 7:30, Tweet at me if you want to roll with]
- There will be 2 opening acts: Excision and DJ Aero w/ Tommy Lee [yes, THE Tommy Lee from Motley Crue]. I'm guessing deadmau5 will probably go on around 9pm [an educated guess!]
- The hall is entirely open floor - standing room only; some of you were concerned this was going to be an assigned seating sort of thing. No [how does one sit for a set like this anyway?].
- No backpacks, large bags or purses. Ladies, clutches are clutch. Gentlemen, pockets are your friend.
- Dress for the party. I mean, be comfortable. It's really hot outside but count on it heating up inside too with that many people dancing their faces off. I know I will be.